- Episode 15: Test-Driven Development with Joshua Greene and Michael Katz
- Episode 8: Cloud and Backend Services For Apps
- We Read Too
- Apple's Developer Docs on Notifications
- Beams by Pusher
- NWPusher by noodlewerk
- Preparing Your App For iOS 12 Notifications by Kaya Thomas - Smashing Magazine
- Specialize in helping businesses build apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch
- 10 years of experience developing for a variety of Apple platform
- Helping dev shops which lack experience with Apple platforms and Swift
Contact me if you need help today.
We have an opening for sponsors
- Do you have a product or service which can target our ever growing community of developers as well as technology and business leaders?
Contact me today if you are interested in sponsoring or go to our Patreon page.
Why Notifications Are Important
- Can encourage user engagement
- Notify of updates and messages
- Need to be trustworthy and needless
- Onboarding helps make Notifications more welcoming
What are the different types of Notifications?
- Local vs Remote Push Notifications
- Remote Notifications are ideal for complex logic and messaging
- How Rich Notifications Work
What are the challenges in implementation of Notifications?
- Using Enums to Implement Notifications
- How Categories and Actions Work
- Using NWPusher to Test Remote Notifications
- Big Improvement Coming to Xcode 11.4
- How to Unit Test with Abstractions and Mocking
How Push Notifications Work?
- Implementing Remote Notifications on the Server
- Using Cloud Based Services for Push Notifications such as Firebase
- Using Beams for Testing Push Notifications
- How APNS works
- Dealing with APNS Issues
- Understanding APNS Throttling
How to making Notifications part of the design process?
- How would Notification make the app more useful?
- Would it help the user engage more?
- Keep complex actions in the app as opposed to the Notification UI
- Being responsible with how Notifications are used
- Stay up-to-date with Apple's guidelines
BrightDigit - @brightdigit
Leo - @leogdion
Instagram - @brightdigit
Music from https://filmmusic.io
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
★ Support this podcast on Patreon ★