- Ben Chatelain (@phatblat)
YouTube Video - https://youtu.be/C0Ymu7vx_ko
- Episode 29 - Managing iOS Development with Peter Witham
- Episode 46 - Developer Community (Part 2) with Dave Verwer
- Episode 64 - A Very Remote Year with Jacob Gorban
- A Brief History of Version Control : Codemash by Brian Meeker
- MS Visual SourceSafe 👴
- CVS 👴
- Level up Your Git Commits with Gitmoji!
- Pro Git Book
- Trunk Based Development
- mas - A simple command line interface for the Mac App Store
- Dangit, Git!?!
- `git log -g` (a better reflog)
- Tip: always delete topic branches after merging a PR (or have GitHub do it for you)
- Ben’s git shortcuts as fish shell functions
- amendne - amend the last commit, reusing the existing commit message
- bundle-pull - transports a dirty working copy from one machine to another.
- git_bundle_create - creates a git bundle by stashing a dirty working copy
- ignore - adds file paths to .gitignore file
- lg, lga - minimal yet pimped out history graph
- new - show new commits received after a pull
- pop - remove the last commit, but keep the changes in the working copy
- publish - push a new branch to a remote
- review - inspect the last commit
- rewrite - uses filter-repo to correct an author email typo (destructive)
- scrub - uses filter-branch to delete files from history (destructive)
- root - prints the path to the root of the local repo
- stash, stsave, stlist, stshow, stpop, stdrop - functions for working with stashes
- suri - submodule update recursive init
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
If you want your app to succeed, there's never been a better time to read up on App Store Optimization and Appfigures provides that for you.
- Check out their great articles and guides on app store optimization
- Brand new teardowns of specific apps, like Spotify for instance or indie apps like Fotmob.
- New competitor's report in the Appfigures dashboard where you are able to view competitor downloads, build performance benchmarks, and see the new trends as they happen. Check it out here.
- Check out more of their resources at appfigures.com/resources.
The folks at Appfigures have easy step-by-step guides and intuitive tools to do that, which many indie developers are using to get more downloads:
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
Your podcast's publishing platform
Transistor not only hosts your podcast but also:
- Help distribute your podcast with integrations to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, YouTube, and Mailchimp
- Deep analytics including average downloads per episode, popular podcast apps, number of subscribers, trends
- Professional support for creatives, businesses, and professional podcasters when it comes to hosting and analytics
How do you start a podcast?
Try it today with this special link:
Git Tips and Tricks
- Know the Git Terminal Command
- What Xcode can help with
- How Tower Helps
- Gitflow vs Trunk Based
- What are the different ways to branch
- merge vs squash vs rebase
- Dealing with Git Submodules 😱
- Merging Xcode Projects and Storyboards 🤬
- Creating great commit messages
- How is a Pull Request useful
- How Branches work in Git
- How to use Tags in Git
- What is a Pull Request draft?
- What is a Git Stash?
- What is Gitmoji?
GitHub - @brightdigit
BrightDigit - @brightdigit
Leo - @leogdion
Instagram - @brightdigit
Patreon - empowerappshow
Music from https://filmmusic.io
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
★ Support this podcast on Patreon ★